Are you looking for pantry cooking recipes to create frugal meals using staples you have on hand? Check out this list of over 35 recipes including dinners, dessert and more!
If you generally live a frugal lifestyle, you are quite familiar with the concept of “pantry cooking”. Using items on hand to make great comfort food recipes is a great way to save money on your grocery budget.
Maybe you don’t usually consider yourself to be “thrifty”. However, when money is tight or a crisis hits (ahem, quarantine of 2020)- learning how to cook from your pantry staples is even more important. Pantry staples to me include items like canned veggies and condensed soup, canned and dried beans, oats, all-purpose baking mix (like Bisquick), box cake mixes, cereals and even frozen veggies.
Need some ideas? I have compiled a list of over 35 Pantry Cooking Recipes to make frugal meals for your family. Some of these recipes a classic, some have a new twist and all make use of kitchen staples. Who knows? Your family might even discover a new fave.
More Than 35 Pantry Cooking Recipes for Frugal Meals
Frugal Meals Using Pantry Staples
- Easy Beef Biscuit Bundles – Mission To Save
- Mock Ground Beef Stroganoff – Mission to Save
- Chicken Pot Pie – Mission to Save
- Crockpot Chili – Mission to Save
- Shepherds Pie – Mission to Save
- Chicken Tortilla Soup – Mission to Save
- Instant Pot Goulash – Blackberry Babe
- Slow Cooker Baked Beans – Savory with Soul
- Instant Pot Pesto Pasta – Simply Happy Foodie
- Tater Tot Casserole – Feast for a Fraction
- Cornbread Chili Casserole – Dancing Through the Rain
- Tuna Patties – Raising the Spoon
- Gnocchi with Basil Pesto – Piping Pot Curry
- Gluten-Free 4 Bean Salad – Trina Krug
- Quinoa and Black Bean Enchiladas – A Plentiful Path
- Canned Chicken Pasta Salad – Mom Foodie
- GF/Vegan Lazy Falafel – Rhian’s Recipes
- Cheesy Homemade Hamburger Helper – Busy Cooks
- 5 Soup Pasta – Simply Stacie
- 5 Can Chicken Enchilada Soup – Bloggers Share
- Air Fryer Mac and Cheese – Recipe This
Pantry Baking Recipes to Try
- No Sugar Added Granola – Mission to Save
- Maple Pecan Granola – Mission to Save
- Coffee Cake – Mission to Save
- Dried Fruit Oatmeal Bake – Any Reason Vegans
- Oat Bread without Yeast – Where’s My Spoon
- Oat Flour Pancakes – Rhian’s Recipes
- Vegan Anzac Biscuits – Simply Healthy Vegan
Pantry Cooking Recipes for Dessert
- German Bundt Cinnamon Butter Cake – Mission to Save
- Decadent Chocolate Cake – Mission to Save
- Rice Krispie Easter Egg Nests– Mission to Save
- Lucky Charms Bars– Mission to Save
- Buckeye Schotcheroos – Mission to Save
- Graham Cracker Brownies – Reto Recipe Box
- Hello Dolly Bars – Anne’s Entitled Life
- Peanut Butter Oreo Oatmeal Bake– Any Reason Life
- Peach Dump Cake – Mom Foodie
- Froot Loop Sugar Cookies – The Beard and the Baker
So did you try one of these? I’d love to hear which one(s) in the comments below.
Looking for even more recipe ideas? Check out these Amazon reading resources.