Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe
This easy Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe is perfect for busy weeknight meals (especially when you already have cooked ground beef frozen and ready to add in) We often call it “Mock Stroganoff” (from the original recipe card). I have heard similar recipes called Homemade Hamburger Helper. Whatever, you call it- it’s a family fave!
Does your family have a favorite meal? One of our’s is nothing fancy; in fact it’s downright easy! The recipe was shared with me at my wedding shower (remember those cute recipe cards my sister made) and it has been a staple in my menu planning ever since! In fact, I’m pretty sure this is one of the recipes my son will ask for when he comes home from college someday! (He loves it that much! And I love that it’s easy peasy!)
Comfort Food Recipe for Large Gatherings
Not only does my family love this meal- but it’s awesome for feeding large groups too. My church currently serves a meal at a mission once a month. When our Sunday School class is asked to volunteer to make the meal, this is often what we choose. It’s easy to double, triple or more this recipe. And the prep is quite easy too. It’s a comfort food recipe and is always a hit with the people being served as well. (We usually serve with salad and green beans).
- 1-1.5 lb ground beef
- 1/2 C chopped onion
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 C water
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1/2 t paprika
- 2 -3 C cooked egg noodles
- Brown the meat and onion together. Drain off fat. (This is a great recipe for using yourfrozen cooked ground beef for quicker meal prep)
- Stir in soup, water, sour cream and paprika.
- Cover skillet and cook over low heat for 10 min. (stir occasionally)
- Right before serving, mix cooked noodles into skillet.
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!