These no bake Cereal Holly Cookies are a quick and festive cookie recipe for your holiday party. Perfect for Christmas cookie swaps and easy for kids to help too.
When I got married my sister threw me a wedding shower and gave each attendee an index card to write a fave recipe. (Yep old school!). I still have, and use, many of those tried and true recipes. One holiday fave came from my sister. So this post is for you Ange! 😉
If you need a quick and festive cookie idea, make Cereal Holly Cookies. (Basically Rice Krispies, only with corn flakes and green food coloring). Ok, my sister calls these “Green Wreaths” because she takes the time to form them into a wreath shape…I’m too lazy. So I just spoon on a glob and call it holly! LOL!
A word of warning, if you have a very strong green food coloring, it can stain your fingers when you are making the holly/wreath. So either wear prep gloves…or be sure not to make these on THE day OF your holiday party! 😉
- 40 large marshmallows 1 red size bag
- 1/2 lbs butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoon green food coloring
- 6 cups Corn Flakes
- Candy Cinnamon "red hot" decors
- Melt butter and marshmallows (I do this in 30 sec intervals in the microwave)
- Add vanilla and food coloring
- Pour above over the Corn Flakes and mix till all flakes are coated in color
- Allow mixture to cool a little, drop by spoonful on to wax paper (or go the extra mile and form into circular wreath shape)
- Finish with cinnamon red hots for decoration
These look so easy to make and so much fun.
Mary Hoover says
They are sooo easy to make and delish too!