Classic Peanut Butter Chocolate No Bake Bars
Hands down hubs has a fave sweet treat- Rice Krispie Scotcheroos! He absolutely loves these classic peanut butter chocolate no bake bars. And I love how easy they are to make. I always keep the Scotcheroos recipe ingredients on hand. Well… almost always.
Buckeye Scotcheroos Recipe
Over Christmas break hubs was having the hankering (and yes he used that word) for Scotcheroos. But I realized I did not have any butterscotch chips in the pantry. But what I did have was peanut butter chips. And all Ohioans know – Peanut Butter + Chocolate = Buckeyes! So I decided to make the regular no bake Scotcheroos recipe, but use peanut butter chips instead of the butterscotch. That’s how Buckeye Scotcheroos was born. They were a hit- and I think even preferred over the original.
- 1 C Corn Syrup
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 C Peanut Butter
- 6 C Rice Krispies Cereal look fo Rice Krispies Coupons
- 6 oz Chocolate Chips about half a reg size bag
- 6 oz Peanut Butter Chips
- Measure Rice Krispies into a large bowl.
- Bring corn syrup and sugar to a boil in a sauce pan.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter, stir until smooth.
- Immediately add peanut butter and sugar mixture into cereal.
- Spread into a 9X13 pan.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter chips together in a glass bowl in the microwave (30 sec intervals, stirring in between).
- Spread chocolate mixture over cereal bars and let cool.
- Optional- use peanut butter chips as a garnish.