German Bundt: A Cinnamon Butter Cake Recipe
Early in our marriage, my sister-in-law gave me a recipe for German Bundt Cake. I bet that you are thinking this would be a German Chocolate recipe. But this family fave is actually a Cinnamon Butter Cake recipe- and it’s amazing!
Yes once again- in our house, this is usually enjoyed as a breakfast coffee cake instead of after dinner treat. But really it is so good anytime of the day. I also love that it is a modified cake mix recipe- easy to make and I always have the ingredients on hand.
You will love the moistness of this cake. And the butter flavor pairs so well with the cinnamon pecan filling/topping.
And as Maria Portokalos noted… yes “There’s a hole in this cake!”
German Bundt: Cinnamon Butter Cake RecipePrint
- 1 box butter cake mix or yellow
- 1 4 oz vanilla instant pudding
- 3/4 C oil
- 3/4 C water
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 t imitation butter flavor
Cinnamon Pecan Filling/Topping
- in separate bowl mix:
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 C sugar
- 3/4 C chopped pecans
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/2 t imitation butter flavor
- 3/4 C powdered sugar
- 2 T milk
- Preheat oven to 350
- Generously grease bundt pan
- Spread 1/3 of cinnamon pecan filling in bottom of pan
- Then pour in half the cake mixture.
- Layer filling next, then cake mix, ending with the cinnamon pecan mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 min (check center with toothpick)
- Cool for 10-15 min and then turn out on cake
- Drizzle with Sugar Glaze when cake is cool.
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!