Make a German Bundt Cake Recipe for your next dessert! This moist cinnamon butter cake recipe is also amazing for a breakfast treat.
German Bundt: A Cinnamon Butter Cake Recipe
Early in our marriage, my sister-in-law gave me a recipe for German Bundt Cake. I bet that you are thinking this would be a German Chocolate recipe. But this family fave is actually a Cinnamon Butter Cake recipe- and it’s amazing!
Yes once again- in our house, this is usually enjoyed as a breakfast coffee cake instead of after dinner treat. But really it is so good anytime of the day. I also love that it is a modified cake mix recipe- easy to make and I always have the ingredients on hand.
You will love the moistness of this cake. And the butter flavor pairs so well with the cinnamon pecan filling/topping.
And as Maria Portokalos noted… yes “There’s a hole in this cake!”
- 1 box butter cake mix or yellow
- 1 4 oz vanilla instant pudding
- 3/4 C oil
- 3/4 C water
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 t imitation butter flavor
Cinnamon Pecan Filling/Topping
- in separate bowl mix:
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 C sugar
- 3/4 C chopped pecans
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/2 t imitation butter flavor
- 3/4 C powdered sugar
- 2 T milk
- Preheat oven to 350
- Generously grease bundt pan
- Spread 1/3 of cinnamon pecan filling in bottom of pan
- Then pour in half the cake mixture.
- Layer filling next, then cake mix, ending with the cinnamon pecan mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 min (check center with toothpick)
- Cool for 10-15 min and then turn out on cake
- Drizzle with Sugar Glaze when cake is cool.
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!
Looks absolutely scrumptious! Would it still be good leaving out the imitation butter flavoring? Not crazy about using imitation flavorings. Do you think I could double the vanilla? Probably wouldn’t be as buttery tasting, but I bet it would still be 😋!
Mary Hoover says
It is “truly scrumptious”! 😉 Sure you could leave out the imitation butter, just call it a cinnamon cake!