A chill in the air and the game on TV, must mean it’s time for Chili season! Chili is awesome because it’s so easy to make ahead and double the batch for a second meal. I have to say, I make a pretty mean chili (if I do say so myself!).
Chunky Crockpot Chili Recipe
We like a “meaty”, almost stew consistency chunky chili. So it can certainly stand alone as a dinner meal option. And since it’s a slow cooker recipe, it’s perfect for those busy fall weeknight meals too. This is a perfect pair for my homemade cornbread for a side!
Chili can be a great freezer meal too- just make a double batch and freeze the leftovers. I also take advantage of my frozen browned ground beef and sometimes have cut frozen veggies from managers special deals to make the prep go faster too.
Ok… Honestly I don’t have a chili recipe, I just “throw” it together each time. But this is as close as I could get so I could share with you! 😉
I’d love to hear what you think of this recipe, so be sure to give it a rating and leave some comments below.
- 4 cans of beans I use 2 Kidney and 2 “other”- black or pinto, 15.5 oz
- 2 cans of tomato sauce 15 oz size
- 2 cans Rotel I use mild for the kiddos, but original if I know it will just be adults, you could use one of each also
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes 14.5 oz size
- 1 diced pepper any color- I usually do half green, half red
- 1/2 t cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 T Chili powder
- 1 1/2- 2 lbs browned ground beef
- Shredded cheese
- Combine all ingredients into slow cooker
- Cook on high for 3-5 hours.
- Top off with cheese!