Homemade Cornbread Recipe- Skip the Jiffy!
Jiffy cornbread mix is a fairly inexpensive side, and a must to pair with chili, IMO. But several years ago a friend brought over her homemade cornbread recipe and hubs won’t let me go back to Jiffy. LOL! And I agree, this recipe is worth a few extra steps!
So thanks to Tracy for this seriously sweet and yummy recipe! It really is amazing. (I have made a few tweaks from the original, but all the credit goes to Tracy)
Homemade Cornbread Recipe
- 3/4 C enriched cornmeal
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 1/4 sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 C milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 can creamed corn
- 2 T oil or drippings and yeah it is even better with the drippings
- If you don't want to use the creamed corn, use 1/4 C oil
- Preheat oven to 400
- Grease 9 in pan (round or square)
- Blend all dry ingredients
- Then add in remaining ingredients until moist
- Pour in pan and bake for 20-25 min
Pair this with my Crockpot Chili for an awesome winter meal!