This easy Biscuit Beef Bundles recipe is perfect for busy weeknight meals. Packed with protein and hidden vegetables, it’s a picky eater, kid-pleaser, finger food too.
Let’s face it – for busy moms, figuring out what’s for dinner can be one of our most dreaded times of the day. And even if you are good about pre-planning your meals, there is always going to be that night where you have to throw something together. So check out one of my favorite easy, family-friendly recipes.
Biscuit Beef Bundles Recipe
This is the first recipe I ever posted on Mission to Save back in 2013 (pictures have been upgraded since then). It all started with something I would guess many of us have on hand quite often – ground beef and canned biscuits. The inspiration came from a sale at Kroger on Pillsbury Grands so I was all stocked up. (Be sure to look for printable coupons!)
Another thing I am often trying to find a use for are veggies that are about to go bad. So I came up with this creation – Biscuit Beef Bundles! (Hubby liked Meat Muffins… but I vetoed that!) The great thing about these is you can use whatever veggies you have on hand. I had red and yellow peppers that need to be used. And it is a great way to “hide” veggies in a dish too. Try finely chopped asparagus even!
- 1-2 lb ground beef
- various chopped veggies peppers, onions, tomatoes, shredded carrots or even asparagus
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- seasoning to taste- garlic salt, pepper, salt
- shredded cheese
- 1 can biscuits search for coupons.!
- Pre-heat oven to temp on can of biscuits.
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray
- Brown the ground beef (pouring off fat) and add in finely chopped veggies of your choice
- Add in sour cream and spices
- Take each biscuit and separate it to 2 halves, then spread it out and place in each muffin cup
- Spoon in beef mixture, top with cheese (if desired)
- Bake for 20 min (or until biscuits turn light brown)
This meal has saved dinner on more than one occasion. So add Beef Bundles into your meal planning, or keep it “on file” (in other words, PIN IT) for when you need a quick meal for the family. The kids will love the handheld classic flavor and might not even notice it being packed with veggies too. Be sure to come back and let me know what your fam thinks (rate it too please).