Let’s face it – for busy moms, figuring out what’s for dinner can be one of our most dreaded times of the day. And even if you are good about pre-planning your meals, there is always going to be that night where you have to throw something together. So check out some of my easy, family-friendly recipes.
Biscuit Beef Bundles Recipe
This is the first recipe I ever posted on Mission to Save and it all started with something I would guess many of us have on hand quite often – ground beef and canned biscuits. Recently there was a decent sale at Meijer on Pillsbury Grands so I am all stocked up. (Be sure to look for printable coupons!) Another thing I am often trying to find a use for are veggies that are about to go bad. So I came up with this creation – Beef Bundles! (Hubby liked Meat Muffins… but I vetoed that!) The great thing about these is you can use whatever veggies you have on hand. I had red and yellow peppers that need to be used. And it is a way to “hide” veggies in a dish too. Try finely chopped asparagus even!
- 1-2 lb ground beef
- various chopped veggies peppers, onions, tomatoes, shredded carrots or even asparagus
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- seasoning to taste- garlic salt, pepper, salt
- shredded cheese
- 1 can biscuits search for coupons.!
- Pre-heat oven to temp on can of biscuits.
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray
- Brown the ground beef (pouring off fat) and add in finely chopped veggies of your choice
- Add in sour cream and spices
- Take each biscuit and separate it to 2 halves, then spread it out and place in each muffin cup
- Spoon in beef mixture, top with cheese (if desired)
- Bake for 20 min (or until biscuits turn light brown)