Homemade Tortilla Chips
Yesterday morning I put the ingredients for Chicken Tortilla Soup into the crockpot. It felt great that dinner was going to be all taken of (and it wasn’t even 10 am yet). But by lunchtime I realized I was missing one key item- the tortillas! (kind of hard to have Chicken TORTILLA soup without them). So I got resourceful- and made some! They were a hit with the whole fam and super easy too! So here’s how to make Homemade Tortilla Chips!
Ingredients for Homemade Tortilla Chips:
- Soft Tortillas (I used flour)
- Oil (I used vegetable, but Olive would be good too)
- preheat oven to 320 degrees
- mix salt into the oil (I didn’t measure- just eye it! 😉 )
- brush the salted oil onto both sides of the tortilla
- cut into wedges (I used a pizza cutter, and cut it like a pie)
- cook for 15 min and then flip
- sprinkle with a little salt, then bake another 10 min or until golden
I use a stone baking sheet which I think sometimes cooks slower than metal pans. So you may need to adjust the baking time if you use a nonstick cookie sheet.
These chips were a little thicker/ more dense than regular bagged chips. Which I thought was perfect with the soup. These would also be great to serve at a party with hummus or salsa. And to kick up the “gourmet” vibe, maybe use a coarse “fancy” salt in the final step.
Pretty darn good for a meal saver whim! 🙂
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!