You know dips are great for any kind of party (check out my sweet Snickers Dip here for a fun twist on typical dips). But often these are not necessarily the most healthy options on the buffet table. So how about adding this Classic Hummus Dip Recipe to your menu.
My daughter and I LOVE hummus and this recipe does not disappoint!
(Did you make this Hummus recipe? Come back and give it a rating! Tap the stars to rate or give a rating the comments section below. THANKS!)
Classic Hummus Dip
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or juice from 2-3 lemons
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons tahini stirred well
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small garlic clove minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne add more if you like more spice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- Combine lemon juice and water in small bowl. Then whisk together tahini and 2 tablespoons oil in second small bowl or measuring cup.
- Process chickpeas, garlic, salt, cumin, and cayenne in food processor until almost fully ground, about 15 seconds. Scrape down bowl with rubber spatula. With machine running, add lemon juice-water mixture in steady stream. Scrape down bowl and continue to process for 1 minute. With machine running, add oil-tahini mixture in steady stream; continue to process until hummus is smooth and creamy, about 15 seconds, scraping down bowl as needed.
- Transfer hummus to serving bowl sprinkle parsley over surface, cover with plastic wrap. Let stand until flavors incorporate, at least 30 minutes. Then Enjoy!
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!