Black Bean and Corn Salsa Recipe
A holiday weekend often means time for great get-togethers with family and friends. My family was invited to a cookout this weekend, so that also means time to figure out what to take. I just received a box of new Wild Oats organic products (new affordable organic products line now sold at Walmart) that included a can of black beans- so I knew just what to make, salsa! It was a hit! The Wild Oats tortilla chips went with it perfectly; crisp and just the right amount of saltiness. Below is the (easy-peasy) recipe for my fave Black Bean and Corn Salsa.
A few tips to start:
Be sure to rinse and drain the black beans first.
What’s the best way to cut that cilantro? Here’s how I like to do it (if you have super sharp kitchen shears, those work too. Just snip them right in)
How to Cut Cilantro
- Pick off just the leaves.
- Roll them up in a bundle.
- Then cut vertically.
- You may need to do a second cut horizontally.
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes I like to us about 15 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 c purple onion
- approx. 1/2 C chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- bag of tortilla chips
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and chill.
- Adjust cumin and veggie measurements per taste.
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!