This black bean and corn salsa recipe is the perfect side for Cinco de Mayo, snack for summer cookouts or healthy dip for watching the big game.
Black Bean and Corn Salsa Recipe
A holiday weekend often means time for great get-togethers with family and friends. My family was invited to a cookout this weekend, so that also means time to figure out what to take. I knew I wanted to make a fresh and healthy side. Salsa came to mind, and this recipe is all those things plus easy too!
What I created was a hit! So check out the (easy-peasy) recipe for my fave Black Bean and Corn Salsa.
A few tips to start:
Be sure to rinse and drain the black beans first.
What’s the best way to cut that cilantro? Here’s how I like to do it (if you have super sharp kitchen shears, those work too. Just snip them right in)
How to Cut Cilantro
- Pick off just the leaves.
- Roll them up in a bundle.
- Then cut vertically.
- You may need to do a second cut horizontally.
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes I like to use about 15 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 c purple onion
- approx. 1/2 C chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- bag of tortilla chips
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and chill.
- Adjust cumin and veggie measurements per taste.
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!