Do You Have Shredded Chicken Sandwich Leftovers?
I know this shredded chicken sandwich recipe is a popular one, mostly for the emotional connection. What if you just want one meal of Shredded Chicken Sandwiches for the nostalgia? What do you do with the leftovers? How about turning them into an equally comforting meal- Chicken Noodle Soup. Two tasty comfort food meals for the price of one! 😉
Use Shredded Chicken Sandwich Leftovers For Frugal Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
I love that this recipe uses up leftovers, so no waste and is great for meal planning too (2 meals taken care of!) The sloppy shredded chicken base will be used to make a modified roux. It makes this chicken noodle soup a little more “hearty” due to the breadcrumbs/croutons/crackers that you use to make it.
Another time saver tip, I sometime use a “mirepoix” frozen veggie mix instead of the fresh veggies. This cuts down on the cutting time and I always have it on hand in the freezer (also often a steal at $1 a bag).
(Did you make this Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup recipe? Come back and give it a rating! Tap the stars to rate or give a rating the comments section below. THANKS!)
Leftover Shredded Chicken Sandwich Noodle Soup RecipePrint
- 6 C chicken broth
- 1 1/2 T parsley
- 1 1/2 C carrots diced
- 1 C onions diced
- 1 C celery diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 t thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 2 Cups Sloppy Shredded Chicken Sandwich filling
- 3 T butter
- 3 T flour
- 2 C milk can substitute in some half n half
- Bring broth to boil and add vegetables and seasonings.
- Reduce heat and cook until vegetables are tender (appox 20 mins)
- In skillet combine butter and flour.
- Add shredded chicken leftovers to skillet
- Then add milk
- Add noodles to vegetables and broth, cook for about 5 min.
- Now add chicken mixture to broth. Simmer 20 min (or until noodles are done)
This is what I call a “Make this, then that” meal! 😉 Will it be going into your meal planning rotation?
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!