This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of BUBBA burger. All opinions are 100% mine.
Try making a Philly Cheeseburger this grilling season. Add the classic flavors of a Philly Cheesesteak to your juicy grilled BUBBA burger. This recipe is easy and tasty for your next summer cookout or weeknight meal.
At our house, just about any season is grilling season (yep- here in Ohio, we even grill out in the snow). But spring and summer are definitely the seasons that our grill gets the most use. In the spring, I especially utilize the grill when I need to get a quick meal on the table between kids’ activities. And of course, cookouts in the summer bring to mind fun times making memories with family and friends.
One item I always keep stocked in my freezer for easy weeknight meals and summer cookouts is BUBBA burger. Since you can take the BUBBA burger from freezer to grill or skillet, in about 10 minutes, they are super convenient for busy families. And with so many options: Original, Angus, Veggie, Turkey, Bacon Cheeseburger and Sweet Onion; there is a BUBBA burger for every taste in your house.
With only ONE high-quality ingredient and no additives or preservatives, BUBBA burger is full of flavor right out of the box. Which makes them perfect for those quick meals. I mean I bet your mouth is watering just looking at those juicy BUBBA burgers on the grill. No doubt your family and friends will appreciate the fact you can spend more time with them thanks to the convenience of BUBBA burger- without compromising great taste.
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I like to switch it up a bit and create a “specialty” burger for a little variety in our grilling meals. One of our family’s fave side dishes to have with cookout meals is grilled peppers and potatoes, so last time I prepared this side- I got inspired for how to use these veggies in a burger recipe.
What do peppers and onions make you think of? Philly cheesesteak sandwiches came to my mind. So I grabbed an Angus BUBBA burger box out of the freezer and got to grilling. After caramelizing the peppers and onions on the grill, adding provolone cheese to the Angus BUBBA burger and topping it all on a brioche bun- boom, a grilled twist on a classic was born. This Philly Cheeseburger will now be a staple in my menu planning. When a recipe tastes great and is easy to pull together; that’s a WIN- WIN for sure.
- BUBBA burger I used Angus, but Original or Sweet Onion would pair nicely too.
- Worcestershire sauce
- provolone cheese
- brioche bun
Caramalized Onions and Pepper
- green pepper, sliced
- onion, sliced We prefer purple onions for the color and taste, but any variety will work.
- beef bouillon
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil
- sheet of foil
- Cut the peppers and onions into thin slices and arrange on foil that has been drizzled with vegetable oil.
- Then top the vegetables with dabs of butter, a sprinkle of beef boullion and salt and pepper to taste.
- Close the foil to form a packet, but leave a vent in the top.
- Place BUBBA burgers on the grill direct from the freezer. Top with a splash of worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Add vegetable foil pack at the same time.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on buns and grill them on a top rack the last 2-3 minutes.
- Top the BUBBA burger with cheese and grilled vegetables on the bun to create a Philly Cheeseburger.
Since this recipe turned out so well, I can’t wait to create more meals with BUBBA burger products. In fact, I think the Turkey BUBBA burger would make a great variation of a skillet gyro. Are you looking for more ideas on how to make great meals using BUBBA burger? Find more inspiration here! What will you be making with your BUBBA burger?