Grilled Peppers and Potatoes Recipe is the perfect summer side dish. This foil pack recipe is great for grilling season and camping cooking.
Grilling season is here! I have to admit I am always relieved when the grill comes out from hibernation. So many great, easy and tasty ways to answer the dinner dilemma. And here is one that is always a crowd-pleaser (and so easy). The hardest part is cutting the potatoes and veggies. I sometimes use a mandoline slicer to help speed up that process too. Check out our fave grilling side dish!
Be sure to spray the foil with cooking spray (or butter it) so that the veggies don’t stick to the foil. The potatoes are what take the longest to cook/get tender, so be sure to put those on the bottom (stack first in the foil). Seasoning is simple- pepper and salt, but sometimes I add garlic powder too. And finally, you can use any of your favorite cheese varieties, out fave is sharp cheddar.
Grilled Peppers and Potatoes Side Dish Recipe
Grilled Peppers and Potatoes
- 3-4 red potatoes thinly sliced I use mandoline slicer
- 1-2 peppers your color preference
- 1 large onion I prefer purple
- sheet of foil
- non-stick spray make own using oil sprayer
- 2 T butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Thinly slice all veggies
- Spray foil with oil spray
- Place veggies (potatoes first) on foil
- Add 2 T butter and seasoning to taste
To Fold Foil Pouch
- Bring long sides together long center
- Fold down along entire length
- Then roll in ends
- Cook on grill for 20-25 min
- Remove from grill and add cheese (close foil again to melt the cheese)
This is a perfect grilling side dish and it is often served with my best burgers. These two make for a classic grill out menu! It would be a great side to make for a camping meal too.