rePurpose Nail Polish- Alternative Uses!
Often times you can find great deals (even freebies) on nail polish. Consider picking up a jar of clear nail polish and repurpose it for more than just a top coat. Or maybe you have a few colors that you just don’t wear anymore. Here are a few ideas on how to repurpose nail polish for alternative uses!
- Paint bottom rim of shaving cream can to avoid a rust ring in the shower.
- Paint tips of ribbon to stop from fraying.
- Paint the threads of buttons to keep in tact
- Go old school and use it as the tired and true way to stop a run in your hose/tights.
- “Top coat” inexpensive costume jewelry to avoid tarnishing (or turning your finger green)
- Create your own custom color:
- Break open a glow stick and add to clear polish for glow in dark look
- Add in your own glitter
- Crush up last bit of eyeshadow to create a custom color
- Color ID each family member’s socks (great especially if you have twins or kiddos close to the same age)
- Use “remnant” colors to mix up your own custom color (and not waste the last bit)
- Use as accent on just about anything
- House numbers
- Hair clips
- Model cars
- Color code house and car keys
- Rims of your glasses/sunglasses (Reader Melody’s daughter did this to show her own style! Kiddos get mom’s permission first!)