Repurposing everyday items is perfect for crafting, DIY and home decor items. See these alternative uses for nail polish to use on your next project.
Alternative Uses for Nail Polish!
Often times you can find great deals (even freebies) on nail polish. Consider picking up a jar of clear nail polish and repurpose it for more than just a topcoat. Or maybe you have a few colors that you just don’t wear anymore. Here are a few ideas on how to repurpose nail polish for alternative uses!
- Paint bottom rim of shaving cream can to avoid a rust ring in the shower.
- Paint tips of ribbon to stop from fraying.
- Paint the threads of buttons to keep in tact
- Go old school and use it as the tired and true way to stop a run in your hose/tights.
- “Top coat” inexpensive costume jewelry to avoid tarnishing (or turning your finger green)
- Create your own custom color:
- Break open a glow stick and add to clear polish for glow in dark look
- Add in your own glitter
- Crush up last bit of eyeshadow to create a custom color
- Color ID each family member’s socks (great especially if you have twins or kiddos close to the same age)
- Use “remnant” colors to mix up your own custom color (and not waste the last bit)
- Use as an accent on just about anything:
- House numbers
- Hair clips
- Model cars
- Color code house and car keys
- Rims of your glasses/sunglasses (Reader Melody’s daughter did this to show her own style! Kiddos get mom’s permission first!)
Follow Mary (Mission to Save)’s board Repurpose It! on Pinterest.