A chill in the air the game on TV, must mean its time for Chili season! Chili is awesome because it’s so easy to make ahead and double the batch for a second meal. And I make a pretty mean chili (if I do say so myself!). Honestly I don’t have a recipe, I just “throw” it together each time. But this is as close as I could get so I could share with you! 😉
- 4 cans of beans (I use 2 Kidney and 2 “other”- black or pinto)
- 2 cans of tomato sauce
- 2 cans Rotel (I use mild for the kiddos, but original if I know it will just be adults, you could use one of each also)
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 diced pepper (any color- I usually do half green, half red)
- ½ t cajun seasoning
- 1½ T Chili powder
- 1½- 2 lbs browned ground beef
- Shredded cheese
- Combine all ingredients into slow cooker, cook on high for 3-5 hours. Top off with cheese!
We like a “meaty”, almost stew consistency chili. This is a perfect pair for my homemade cornbread too!