Ways to Repurpose and Recycle Holiday Cards
I love the Holiday Season for many reasons. One is for the cards that flood my mailbox from family and friends. There is just something about getting a real piece of mail that time of year- really shows they care!
But what do you do now that its time to take down the card display? Here are a few ways to recycle those Christmas and Holiday Cards.
- Use for craft projects– cut out the words, the images and even the background colors for year round crafting.
- Use for gift tags– save them for a special touch on next year’s gifts.
- Create your own cards– I have a very resourceful friend who uses the front of last year’s cards to create new cards to give to her list the next year. We all know it fits her style just so!
- Frame for decoration– I got a beautiful card one year and love it’s design and message. All it needed was a simple inexpensive frame to create a beautiful decoration.
- Donate to St. Jude’s Ranch for Children– This one really touched my heart! St. Jude’s Ranch for Children recycles your used greeting cards and creates new holiday and all-occasion greeting cards. Recycled cards are sold to support our programs and services for abused, neglected and homeless children, young adults and families. Donate the front of any occasion card to St. Jude’s Ranch. Please head over to the St. Jude’s Ranch for Children’s website for full details (where to send them and what cards are not accepted). You may also want to get your PTA, moms group or bible study together to donate in “bulk”. 🙂