Looking for a great Mother’s Day present? But don’t want to break the bank? Check out this thrifty list of gift ideas for mom.
Budget Friendly Mother’s Day Gifts
1. Flowers: You could buy a bouquet, get her a hanging basket or offer to plant her annuals for her! I give my mom and MIL baskets each year. I usually pay $5-7 and they last all season! Also keep your eye for Manager’s Special flowers, they often look just as beautiful for a lower price. AND add a little bangle on a repurposed jar vase and you have a frugal gift! See the sweet budget bouquet with inspirational bracelet I made here.
2. DIY Gift Basket: Use store sales and coupons to stuff a basket full of her fave pampering items (beauty, coffee, chocolate and more). Search for coupons to save more. You can even find freebies by playing the drug store game!
3. Magazine Subscription: It’s the gift that keeps giving every month! You can often find 1 year magazine subscription deals for under $6 a year on DiscountMags (use code MISSION to save 20% off). Don’t forget, Amazon sells magazines too- often at discounted prices.
5. Give Mom the Day Off Cooking– Simple as dad and kids cooking in the kitchen or make use of a fave Mother’s Day restaurant offer (be sure to check out bonus gift card offers as a gift or as a way to pay for dinner out with mom.
6. DIY Pedi In a Jar– What mom wouldn’t love this cute DIY gift. Find inexpensive pedi items, use a repurposed jar and print the tag to finish it off. See the gift tutorial and print the tags here.
7. Special Offers for Mother’s Day Weekend– Many restaurants and retailers are offering special offers during Mother’s Day weekend. For instance, want Free TCBY? Or a box of chocolates at First Watch? Check out the list of Mother’s Day Special Offers.