DIY Gifts are not only thoughtful but thrifty too. And it seems like everyone loves a Jar Gift these days. You know I love to repurpose those old jars too. So I came up with this fun DIY Pedi in a Jar Gift. This would make a great gift for Christmas, a teacher, Valentine’s Day (or as I have heard BFFs call it “Gal-entine’s Day), Mother’s Day, or a “Just Because” gift!
Not only does my repurposed jar (I just spray painted the lid for a more polished look) make this gift frugal, but so do the supplies. I got everything at Big Lots during one of their Buzz Club rewards events (for more savings). All in, this project was under $5 (thanks to some stockpile items too)
- Generous sized jar (I repurposed a tomato sauce jar and sprayed the lid silver, but you could use a bought Mason Jar)
- Nail files (I especially loved the mini ones I found at Big Lots – and only $0.60!)
- Mani/Pedi Kit (Again a great Big Lots find. Nail clippers, scissors, cuticle care, and more all for $3!)
- Nail Polish (The ones I had were “free” from my stockpile, but I have seen Revlon 2 packs at Big Lots too)
- Cotton balls and Q-tips (again from my stockpile)
- Washi Tape
- Free Printable Pedi in a Jar Gift Tags (They print 6 on a page so you can make several to gift!)
- Free Tissue paper (leave a comment below if you know where this tissue is from. 😉 )
After you’ve printed your tag, attach it with a fun colored washi tape. Or, you could print the tags on an adhesive paper for a more “sticky” application. I think the washi is too cute – and easy to remove if the recipient wants to repurpose the jar (love it – a repurpose of a repurpose!). Then it’s just as easy as filling up the jar! If you have a lot of items or a smaller jar, you may not need the tissue as filler in the bottom (but again it adds to the presentation IMO).
Like this DIY Gift Idea? See what else I’m Pinning for later!
Follow Mary (Mission to Save)’s board DIY Gift Ideas on Pinterest.
I was compensated by Big Lots for this post. All opinions are my own, and yes I am a Big Lots shopper.