These low carb Everything Bagels are a perfect recipe for when you have a bread craving when living a keto lifestyle. The homemade Everything Bagel seasoning is also great to have on hand for many recipes and snacks.
Low Carb Everything Bagels are Perfect for Low Carb and Keto Lifestyle
Moving toward a low carb diet has been particularly tough for me since I do love me a good bread (pretzel, bagel, pita, muffin, all the carbs!). But Keto hacks like this Low Carb Everything Bagel recipe has certainly helped me along the way. Not to mention they are delish!
Make Your Own Everything Bagel Seasoning
First off this recipe is called an “Everything Bagel” so you can guess you will be using that classic, savory seasoning called… Everything Bagel. I typically buy mine at Aldi (it’s on my list of must-buy items at Aldi). But included with this recipe, you can make your own!
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 t poppy seeds
- 1 t sesame seeds
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t onion flakes
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the cream cheese and shredded mozerella on high for about 2 minutes and combine them well.
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder, and stevia in a mixing bowl and stir until uniformly mixed.
- Stir in 2 of the eggs and then the melted cheeses. Knead this mixture with a stiff spatula until all the ingredients have incorporated and you can't see cheese or almond flour granules.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal parts. Roll each portion of the dough between the lightly greased palms of your hands into a long cylinder that is 1/2 inch in diameter and about 12 inches long. Cross the the ends together to form a bagel. Place the bagels on a parchment lined baking sheet so they are not touching.
- Beat one egg in a small bowl and get out your pastry brush. Mix the dry seasonings listed for the Everything seasoning in a separate small bowl. Brush the surface of each bagel with the egg wash and sprinkle liberally with the Everything seasoning.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 to 25 minutes or until they are light golden brown. Let them cool on the pan or remove them to a rack. Serve warm with butter or cream cheese. Makes about 12 bagels.
Bonus Ideas for Cream Cheese Toppings
2 ounces of cream cheese softened in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds on high mixed with 1 tbl of 1:1 stevia powder and 3 chopped fresh strawberries. This combination makes a tasty addition to these bagels.
2 ounces of cream cheese softened in the microwave on high and mixed with finely chopped tops of 2 or 3 green onions and 1/2 tsp of onion powder makes another topping that goes well with these bagels.
Of course, slightly melted butter is always a good addition.
I’d love to hear what you think of this recipe, so be sure to give it a rating and leave some comments below.
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!