Craving a cheeseburger on your low carb or keto diet? Satisfy that taste with this Low Carb Cheeseburger Soup recipe. It’s a keto-friendly comforting meal that the whole family will love.
Looking for a Low Carb Recipe the Whole Family Will Love?
Are you following a low carb lifestyle or Keto diet? I recently have started to be more intentional about restricting carbs and following what my family likes to call a “dirty keto” diet. (not quite full-on Keto).
One of the things I have always disliked about “diets” and food restriction lifestyles- is how to feed the rest of my family. I am not about making separate meals for me. So I wanted to find a few recipes that would be good for my low carb dining, but that the fam would like too.
Keto-Friendly, Low Carb Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
I told the family one night that we were having Cheeseburger Soup for dinner. “Oh, that sounds good mom!” Of course, I may have gotten a different initial reply if I called it low carb right away.
So I served it up and waited… “And it IS good mom!”, “Add this into the rotation”, hubs said. And that’s when I said oh, by the way, its Low Carb Cheeseburger Soup. “We see what you did there, good one mom!”
Low Carb Cheeseburger Soup
- 1-1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2-3/4 C shredded carrots
- 12 oz riced cauliflower
- 2 T butter
- 3 C broth (I prefer beef in this recipe, but chicken would work too)
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 t parsley
- 1 t salt (pink preferred)
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1 t dried mustard
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 2-3 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 C heavy cream (can use 1/2 and 1/2)
- bacon crumbles (optional)
- Brown ground beef- set aside
- Sauté onion, garlic, carrots and cauliflower in butter in stockpot
- Add ground beef, broth, cream, tomatoes and seasonings to pot
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium and simmer for 30 min
- Add cream cheese and stir until half-melted and then add in cheddar cheese - stir until melted
- Garnish with crumbled bacon and/or fresh parsley
This meal is meatatarian husband, teenage tastebuds AND low carb loving Keto approved! WINS all around!
I’d love to hear what you think of this recipe, so be sure to give it a rating and leave some comments below.
Looking for some more Keto recipes? Check out my list of Keto Mug Recipes (yes that’s a thing!) Lots of tasty options for your low carb lifestyle.
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!