One pantry item you used to be able to find steals (or freebies) on were brownie mixes. But I have to say, it has been a long time since I have seen one of those steals. So instead of waiting on the sale, why not mix up your own Homemade Brownie Mix. Not only is it cost effective, but you will always have it “on hand” for that brownie craving!
I’d love to hear what you think of this recipe, so be sure to give it a rating and leave some comments below.
Homemade Brownie Mix
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
To Make Brownies
- 2 1/4 cups brownie mix above
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts optional
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Transfer into jars. (One pint jar filled = approximately 2 1/4 cups which is enough for a batch of brownies)
- Label your jar. Mix will keep in your pantry for approximately 3 months.
- Recipe will yield 3 batches.
How to Make Homemade Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease your 8x8 baking dish or use a fun brownie pan
- Combine the melted butter, eggs, vanilla and brownie mix. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour in baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Top with powdered sugar or frosting if you wish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Homemade Brownies from Scratch
Make this Homemade Brownie Recipe from a Scratch Brownie Mix. Pitch the box mix and try this.Try This Recipe Too
Tried this recipe?Mention @aMissionToSave or tag #missiontosaverecipes!
Leave a Reply