“From Scratch” is not really a phrase many of us use, however Pinterest has reawakened DIY and homemade creativity! So why not pitch the box mix and try this Homemade Brownie Recipe from a Scratch Brownie Mix (see the baking mix post here).
Hubs says not having Brownies on standby is a crisis waiting to happen… so crisis averted! You can also “doctor” this recipe with all kinds of fun add-ins (candies, caramel, marshmallows…). If you make these Brownies from scratch, be sure to tell me what you think!
Homemade Brownies from Scratch
Homemade Brownie Mix
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease your 8x8 baking dish or use a fun brownie pan
- Combine the melted butter, eggs, vanilla and brownie mix. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Top with powdered sugar or frosting if you wish.
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!