This slow cooker shredded Italian beef sandwich is super flavorful thanks to the addition of banana peppers and easy enough for busy weeknight meals prep.
Back in my out-of-the-home working days (I worked as a school social worker) I was always looking for great slow cooker meals to make coming home from work and prepping a meal easier. While I am no longer working outside of the home, I still look for those crockpot recipes to get dinner on the table for busy weeknights.
I first started making this shredded Italian beef sandwiches recipe years ago (original recipe was in a cookbook the teachers in my school complied). It’s always been an ok meal. BUT recently I started adding banana peppers and it has taken this recipe over the top!
Thanks to figuring out this shredded meat hack, it’s made the finish of this sandwich recipe even easier! (Busy mama’s love that right?) And I don’t really care what cut roast I am using, just as long as I bought it BOGO! Buy One, Get One roast free sales come around every few months and so I stock up!
Whereas before there would often be leftovers, now my crew fights over seconds! An easy prep, full of flavor meal that my family loves- I’d call that a menu plan staple! So add this shredded Italian beef sandwich into your recipe rotation and your family will thank you!
- 2.5 -3.5 lb beef roast doesn't matter what cut, find them on BGO
- 1 packet Italian dressing seasoning mix
- 6-12 banana peppers to taste
- a little water
- provolone cheese slices
- hoagie or hamburger buns
- add just a little water to the bottom of slow cooker
- then place beef roast in pot and sprinkle Italian dressing seasoning over the whole roast and top with banana peppers.
- Cook on high for 3-5 hours. When the meat is fork-tender finished, shred the meat and serve on buns topped with provolone cheese and additional peppers.
I’d love to hear what you think of this recipe, so be sure to give it a rating and leave some comments below.
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!