Easy Banana Muffins Recipe
We have a monkey living in our house, and his name is Luke! I swear that boy would eat a banana for every meal. So generally we don’t have bananas “go bad” in our house. But when they do start to get brown (because the kids have a mental block to eating them when the skin is no longer bright yellow)- my go to recipe is Banana Muffins.
You can also use this recipe to take advantage of discounted manager’s special finds too. I have often bought the past ripe banana’s just to make these (or can make it into Banana Bread with same recipe, just bake a little longer).
Banana Muffins (Banana Bread)Print
- 1 1/3 C flour
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C oil
- 1/2 C vanilla yogurt can also use 1/2 C plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 C mashed bananas approx 3 bananas
- optional add in
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
- Combine all dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, mash the bananas and pile them up on side of bowl.
- Then beat the egg in the same bowl (on other side)
- Mix in oil, yogurt and vanilla to the eggs, then combine with bananas.
- Fold the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Spray muffin tins and preheat oven to 350.
- Bake for 20 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Filling tins 1/2 full should make 16-18 muffins.
If you want to see another way to use this sweet fruit, check out my post on How to Freeze Bananas.
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!