Diaper Wreath Baby Gift and Baby Shower Decor
DIY Diaper Wreath makes a perfect gift idea to Welcome Baby Home! (and it’s a cute decor item too)
When my 21 year old niece was born, someone gave my sister a DIY Diaper Wreath. It is such a cute and practical gift. And I have been creating these wreaths to welcome baby(s) home ever since. You will not believe how easy they are to make!
Supplies for a Diaper Wreath:
- Diapers (to get the stacked look buy a bag of Newborns and a bag of size 1)
- Metal macrame ring (12 in or larger)
- Wreath hanger
Diaper Wreath Instructions:
- Lay ring down on a flat surface.
- Place the fold of the diaper around the ring, continue until ring is full. (Pictured in collage below is 12 diapers on a 12 in ring)
- To get the stacked look: start with size 1 diapers and place them around the ring. Then add Newborn diapers on top (using the same technique). You will place 1 newborn diaper over where 2 of the size 1s meet.
- Use ribbon to tie around the diaper to affix to ring. (If using the stacked method- tie one ribbon around a group of 3 diapers: 2 size 1s underneath and 1 Newborn on top)
- Hang up with a wreath hanger and tie on final large decorative bow.
I also have used these as a decoration at Baby Showers. Again, a practical yet adorable addition to the decor. It pairs nicely with a Diaper Cake too!