This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FinalFourPack #CollectiveBias Coca-Cola is a corporate champion of the NCAA.
Whenever our families get together- whether for a birthday party or to cheer on our fave team during NCAA® March Madness, there are always a variety of “tastes” represented. For instance, my dad loves cherry flavored soda, I prefer something diet and we have a family member who always likes to try some thing “new”. If you bought a separate case of all those flavors, you’re probably going to have some that don’t get used (and sit on a shelf just waiting until the next family together.)
That’s why the new Coca-Cola NCAA® Final Four Packs available at WalMart are great for meeting everyone’s taste needs (and not wasting anything). I recently picked up Vanilla Coke, Cherry Coke and Coke Zero for an upcoming birthday/ basketball game viewing party. It will be nice to know my guests will be able to have the flavor of their choice, and I won’t be left with a case of a flavor my family dislikes (hubs is a Coke purist- only original Coca-Cola for him) Something else I like is the current deal being offered at WalMart. You can mix and match 4 Final Four Packs for just $5 or 2 packs for $3 (some areas of the country might be 3 for $5, so just be sure to check your store display-as seen above- for details)
Since I usually buy Coke products in the 12 pack case, something caught my eye on these 4 packs- the plastic rings that hold them together. Instantly I had a memory of my 8th grade homeroom teacher cutting those plastic rings to shreds because she didn’t want ducks to get caught in them (she was a little hippy and a lot odd! But that’s another story). So in honor of Ms. Fluke (and yes that was her name), I thought what can I do to repurpose these (you know I love the repurpose game anyway). With NCAA® March Madness in full swing (and our fave team trying to stay in the hunt), basketball of course came to mind. So I came up with a DIY Tabletop Basketball Game. Here’s how to make it:
- Plastic rings from Coca-Cola NCAA® Final Four Packs
- 1 soda can
- bouncy ball
- packaging tape
- Cut off two of the plastic rings, but keep them attached on one side.
- Place the ring back on one of the Coca-Cola cans (actually best if they still have soda in them for stability)
- Tie the yarn on to look like a basketball hoop. Here’s how I did it
- Cut yarn into (5) 6-8 in strips
- Then tie a knot in the center of the strip.
- Loop the yarn onto the plastic ring with the 2 “tails” hanging down.
- tie adjacent yarn ends to each other to connect hoop.
- Cut the cardboard into a square and draw a square on the “backboard”.
- Then attach it on the back of the can with packaging tape.
Take turns to see who can reach a certain score first. Either bounce the ball off the table or “swoosh” it in (nothing but net 😉 ).
This game kind of reminds me of the old tabletop paper football game. And actually I can totally see the adults (men especially) getting into a competitive round of tabletop basketball during halftime! So what do you think of my recycled game idea? What would you make with those rings?
And everyone can be a winner with the National Coke Zero Final Four Selfie contest. You can upload a selfie with a Coca-Cola product on the site below, and be entered to win 2016 NCAA Final Four tickets. Afterwards, you can go on the site to find your selfie and see all of the others.
- Twitter: @CokeZero & @CocaCola
- Pinterest: Coca-Cola & Coca-Cola Zero
- Instagram: Coca-Cola & Coke Zero
- Facebook: Coca-Cola & Coca-Cola Zero
I’m happy to be a member of #CollectiveBias so I can share this info with you! Disclosure Policy