Celebration Crunch Popcorn Snack Mix
Looking for a super easy snack mix to add to the menu of your next party? I have one for ya! We call this Celebration Crunch Popcorn Snack Mix at our house and it has become a staple at parties, family get togethers and potlucks. The “recipe” is super easy (thank goodness for the microwave!). Another fun thing is that it can be personalized for whatever holiday or celebration. I especially like to use colored sugars to tie in with the celebration. You can also use a colored candy melts for extra pizzazz.
This is best if eaten within a few days of making it (so the popcorn doesn’t go stale). But it hardly ever lasts that long anyway! So what other “add- ins” can you find in your pantry? M&Ms? Peanuts?
- 1 bag microwave popped corn I like to use a lightly seasoned one like Pop Secret Homestyle
- 1/4-1/2 package of Almond Bark aka- candy coating
- Colored Sugar
- Optional Add Ins:
- Multi Grain Cheerios really many cereal brands would work
- Put pop corn and desired amount of “add ins” in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt candy coating in 30-40 sec increments, stirring in between, until fully melted
- Pour melted almond bark into the bowl and stir until all the popcorn mix is well coated
- Top off with colored sugar
- Dry the mix on wax paper.
- When dry, break apart into clusters and store in airtight container.
See below I paired this popcorn mix with my Firecracker Kabobs for a birthday party near the 4th of July. And also as an extra treat during one of our Financial Peace University closing celebrations. What occasion would you use it for?
See more Popcorn Recipes in this Roundup!
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!