Black Bean and Corn Salsa Recipe
A holiday weekend often means time for great get-togethers with family and friends. My family was invited to a cookout this weekend, so that also means time to figure out what to take. I just received a box of new Wild Oats organic products (new affordable organic products line now sold at Walmart) that included a can of black beans- so I knew just what to make, salsa! It was a hit! The Wild Oats tortilla chips went with it perfectly; crisp and just the right amount of saltiness. Below is the (easy-peasy) recipe for my fave Black Bean and Corn Salsa.
A few tips to start:
Be sure to rinse and drain the black beans first.
What’s the best way to cut that cilantro? Here’s how I like to do it (if you have super sharp kitchen shears, those work too. Just snip them right in)
How to Cut Cilantro
- Pick off just the leaves.
- Roll them up in a bundle.
- Then cut vertically.
- You may need to do a second cut horizontally.
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can corn (drained)
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (I like to us about 15 cherry tomatoes)
- ¼ c purple onion
- approx. ½ C chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- bag of tortilla chips
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and chill.
- Adjust cumin and veggie measurements per taste.
Wild Oats provided me with products to facilitate this recipe. You can find affordable Wild Oats organic products at your local Walmart. Disclosure Policy
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!