Copy Cat Honey Buns Cake
With Christmas just days away, I thought I would share this amazing recipe for Honey Bun Cake- yes it tastes like Debbie’s … only better! The cake is moist and gooey, the glaze just right and it really does have that sweet cinnamon honey bun flavor.
And hubs loves it because you can have cake for breakfast! 😉 So make this recipe for Christmas morning, you have to serve cake on a birthday, right?! 😉
Oh and it’s even better served warm!
- 1 box yellow or butter cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 8 oz. container sour cream
- 3/4 C vegetable oil
- 1/2 C water
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 t vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 9x13 pan.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and water in a large bowl. Stir until batter is smooth.
- In separate bowl, stir together brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Next, pour 1/2 the batter into pan.
- Then sprinkle brown sugar mixture over the batter.
- Pour remaining batter over the cinnamon mixture and gently swirl the batter a few times.
- Bake until golden brown, about 40 minutes. (be sure to check center)
For Icing Glaze
- Stir powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together to make a smooth runny glaze.
- When cake comes out of oven poke holes in it, I use a metal kabob skewer. Then immediately pour icing over the cake while it is still hot. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Enjoy!! (Best served warm!)
Thanks to my Sister in Law Sara for introducing our family to this amazing dessert!
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!
Leave a Reply