This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CarnationSweepstakes #BetterBreakfast #CollectiveBias
Our Breakfast Routine: Boring or Bustling
I have told you many times that my family loves cereal. Yes, we can go through a box in a day in a half! And while we do love the carbs- it’s boring and not exactly a balanced breakfast menu. Also, as my kiddos are getting older their appetites are growing. But with 3 kiddos to get out the door in the morning, I’m not in any place to come up with – let alone make- a 3 course, well balanced meal.
Breakfast Meal Planning
I know many people who meal plan their dinners. But how about breakfast? I am determined to put together a plan for next week’s breakfast. By creating a Breakfast Meal Plan, I hope to not only alleviate the morning routine stress, but also be able to provide better food options too. That means I am going to have to make some things ahead of time. But I am up for the challenge (more on the Carnation 7-Day Challenge fun below)
First I decided to check out the aisles of my Kroger for some inspiration. I saw the Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder and knew I could use it in a great recipe (since I have done so before.
Strawberries n Creme Oatmeal Bars Recipe
I used Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder in my Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites. It was a perfect addition to that recipe, so I figured it would be a great addition to a new breakfast recipe. Strawberries n Creme Oatmeal Breakfast Bars just sound like the perfect way to start the morning. I took my previous recipe and just tweaked it a little. Below is the recipe to add to your breakfast line up:
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 pkg Carnation Breakfast Essentials® vanilla or strawberry flavor
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- Yogurt Icing
- 1 6 oz pkg vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Mix all the bar ingredients together.
- Place wax paper in an 8X8 pan and grease the paper.
- Spread bar mixture out in pan- will only cover half the pan.
- Let the bars "set up"
- Optional Yogurt Icing
- Mix the greek yogurt and powdered sugar together in a bowl.
- Spread mixture on one side of the bars and let set.
- Then flip over bars and coat other side.
Of course on those days when we just don’t have time, including Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Ready-to-Drink Bottles to our cereal routine will add an extra boost of nutrients and protein.
So, I’m taking the Carnation 7-Day Challenge. Will you? Not only is it a great way to get back in a better breakfast routine- but you can win prizes too. Ready to get started?First check out the Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Facebook page. Then Follow these easy steps:
1. Sign up at CarnationBreakfastChallenge.com.
2. Complete a simple yet fun breakfast mission for a chance to win. New prizes will be revealed every day!
3. Come back any day in February to complete missions and see new prizes. The prizes range from a Fitbit to a GoPro and other awesome stuff!
4. Head to your favorite store to purchase a Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Nutritional Product and upload your receipt for five extra entries per day.
Are you ready to take the challenge? What flavor Carnation Breakfast Essentials® is your fave? Share your go-to breakfast recipe so I can add it to my rotation!
I’m happy to be a member of #CollectiveBias so I can share this info with you! Disclosure Policy