Tis the season for all things Pumpkin! From Pumpkin Spice Latte to Pumpkin Spice cereal– fall is definitely the time to eat up yummy Pumpkin recipes. And why not mix it with chocolate right?! So you have to try this Nutella Pumpkin Bars Recipe. They are delish and sure to become a new family fave!
I love these all warm and gooey in the Fall. I know those ingredients below just shout pumpkin pie and autumn. But who says pumpkin is just a seasonal taste? Serve these as a surprise treat any time of the year.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a small brownie pan or baking dish with a small amount of oil.
- Place melted butter, pumpkin, and both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. You can also use a hand mixer. Mix all together until smooth, about 30 seconds. Mix in egg yolk, baking soda, salt, spices, and vanilla. Mix in flour until batter is smooth.
- Press half the batter mixture in the bottom of the pan. Just enough so it makes a thin layer that covers the pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Place Nutella in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for just a few seconds until pourable. Pour evenly over the top of the partially baked crust. Spread it carefully so it doesn't rip the cookie bars. Scoop tablespoons of batter over the top and carefully spread with your fingers. It won’t be a smooth layer but will mostly cover.
- Bake an additional 17-20 minutes until the top is no longer glossy and the edges are golden brown. Cool completely before slicing.
Don’t forget to check for Nutella Coupons before shopping (yes they have those!). Or buy in bulk from Amazon below and have the chocolatey goodness sent right to your door!
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Leave a Reply