Oh boy! Yet another Grocery savings app had popped up! This one is called Shopmium. Be sure to use my referral code: GHHAHFTE when signing up- we both get a little something! You get a Free Lindt Chocolate bar and I get $2. Then after you sign up, you will also get a code to share with friends for the same perks! (Love a great referral program!)
Shopmium works very much like Ibotta and Checkout 51. You buy a listed item, verify barcode, submit the receipt in the app and voila get paid cash back via PayPal! And I love that (like Checkout 51) there are no specific store qualification. Sometimes they sometimes may ask you for additional material to validate your purchase, such as a proof of purchase. They recommend you keep your receipt and product packaging until the message “rebate accepted” appears in the app. A given product can only be rebated one time for every: user account, physical person, smartphone, email address, PayPal account, bank account, Facebook login, and proof of purchase.
I already see some great offers in the app. For instance I have a “Get Sun Chips for $2” offer. The fine print on this one says “the amount of the rebate is set by the difference between the amount of purchase and $2… limit of $1.62” Cool beans (especially for on of my fave salty snacks!). They also have the traditional- Get $1 off rebates too. New offers release every week. Be sure to check the expiration dates of offers- they expire but still show in the app to give a few more days to redeem them. AND remember, since this savings is in the form of a rebate- yes you can stack them with paper coupons!
- Sign up for Shopmium. Be sure to use my referral code: GHHAHFTE for your Freebie!
- Check out the offers available and click on the one you want to redeem
- Then click the “Discover this product” button (there may be a video playing, you don’t have to watch it all)
- You will then see how much the offer is for (scroll down to bottom of page for fine print like expiration date)
- Scroll down to the “Request my rebate” to start the process.
- You will be asked to scan a barcode and receipt.
- Then wait for rebate to be accept and added to your account!
I have yet to redeem my first offer, but know several people who have. I think this is going to be another great tool in our savings arsenal! 🙂 Let me know what you think of this new grocery rebate app.
Thanks to Moola Saving Mom for details on the program
Find out about more Grocery Savings Apps, Printable Coupons and eCoupons here.