Also remember that Amazon prices change unexpectedly, so check current price before purchasing (it might even be lower!)
This is to remind you: 1. Prime Shipping is awesome! 😉 2. Prices on Amazon fluctuate OFTEN!
Sometimes I will post a low price and you click over to find it’s more now. Bummer. Or sometime you buy an item, at what you think is a low price- only for it to drop even lower tomorrow. Bigger bummer (IMO).
Yes, you can request a Price Adjustment on Amazon! And honestly it is not as hard as you think. There are 2 things to check on first:
- Is it within 7 days?
- Is the item “sold by” or “shipped by” Amazon.
If you answered YES to these 2 questions, then read on to see:
How to Get an Amazon Price Adjustment
1. Head on over and sign in you your Amazon Account
2. Click over to the Help page and find the “Need more Help?” and then “Contact Us” option.
3. The first step now is to chose the Amazon order with the item needing a price adjustment (you can use the “Choose a Different Order” button to find older orders)
4. Check the box on the item, and move down to the second step: Tell Us More About Your Issue
5. In the drop downs choose: “More order issues”, then “Other order question or issue”.
6. A box will display for you to “enter short description of issue”. I always just put, Price Adjustment.
7. Now choose “Contact Amazon” and your method: E-mail, Phone, Chat. I like chat because it is easy instant gratification! 😉 The phone option is great too, they call right away, and you get to talk to a live person! But e-mail works too!
8. Provide item details and Voila, within 2-3 business days your account will be credited with the difference between the current low price and what you paid!
*Note, always ask for a transcript or email verification of your conversation and credit. That way, if the price adjustment credit does not show up in 2 day, you have record that it should have!
Let’s go back to those first 2 questions for a minute… Even if you answered no (maybe it was 2 weeks ago you made the purchase). It still doesn’t hurt to give this process a try. I find Amazon Customer Service to be pretty responsive. And if you have a $10+ savings- it’s definitely worth a try to get the Amazon price adjustment.