So I mentioned this last night. Do you want to avoid the mass chaos of Black Friday? Awesome Paul from I Heart the Mart talked to his contacts at Walmart and found out that any item currently on layaway can be price matched and paid for on Black Friday! So you can get Walmart Black Friday prices, by using layaway today!
This is how you do it according to Paul:
1. Find the items you want from the Walmart Black Friday Ad 2012 (event 3) and go put them on Layaway anytime from NOW until Wednesday before Thanksgiving. (be sure to read the Walmart Layaway Policy for fees and such)
2. You are NOT allowed to price match the items right now, it will be put on Layaway at the current Walmart Price.
3. Go to Walmart anytime the Black Friday Price is Available and Price Match to the Black Friday Ad.
4. You MUST pay in full on Friday to get the Black Friday Price- you must close out your Layaway contract or it will stay at the full purchase price
5. You can also do this with other stores Black Friday Ads (price match)- Yes… REALLY! If you are Price matching other stores Black Friday Ads it must be to the EXACT same item. All dates AND times apply.
OK, so this could be a game changer for many, and might even make a Black Friday shopper out of me. Yes, there are definitely some things to be ironed out. Here are a few of the questions, with somewhat answers so far:
- The Layaway desks will not be open on Thanksgiving, but will open up on Friday ay 9am. There is still some grey area about whether or not you can buy Thursday night items on layaway and get Friday prices. Something that Walmart said leads me to believe the answer to that is no. So be safe and just look at the Friday ad:
Layaway items in Event 3 that begins at 5am on Black Friday 11/23/12 will be the only items eligible and the adjustment must be made in our Layaway department
- Definitely look at other ads to price match! I don’t have a Kmart near me anymore, but there is still one in town- so price match at Walmart Just be sure when you are matching an item it does not say “special buy” or “Black Friday only” those tend to have different sku numbers and will likely not match. Yes it will take a little research so you are not stuck with a layaway current price instead of the Black Friday savings. Quote from Walmart on their Facebook page (for items that are in layaway or that you find that day):
Our ad match guarantee will also be in effect on Black Friday. This allows our customers to match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product right at the cash register. The printed ad must be brought into the store, and be in effect at the time of purchase. Thanks.
The point here is not to layaway the $5 door buster toaster, but the big screen TV that will save you $200! Thoughts?! I am sure you have some! I still think I might just be shopping online in my sweats when I come out of my turkey coma on Thursday night. 😉