How to Make Easy Pretzel Chicks
Once again, I have seen these adorable little chicks on Pinterest and decided it was time to try them for myself. Yes, they really are as simple as they look! And these Easy Pretzel Chicks definitely have the “aww, cute” factor too. Below are the general instructions. But first, here are a few tips to consider:
- Keep your eye out next Halloween – the sprinkles I used are actually bats and pumpkins from a Halloween icing I got on clearance.
- I also have an awesome jar of colored sugars. Comes in handy for extra embellishment on festive desserts.
- To avoid a messy chick, use a spoon (instead of the spatula) to fill in each spot on the pretzel. The spoon lets you control the melted candy better.
- These would make adorable teacher’s gifts or even classmate gifts! So of course… I have included a printable tag for you to use too! These work best when printed on card stock.
- Candy melts yellow and/or white
- Pretzel twists
- Sprinkles- black or chocolate and orange
- Colored sugar optional
- Place pretzel twists on wax paper with top of heart shape pointed to the right.
- Melt candy in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Fill in all three "holes" of the pretzel with melted candy.
- Sprinkle with yellow colored sugar (optional embellishment).
- Use orange sprinkle for the beak and black for the eye.
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!