Do you have a Star Wars fan in your house? Then they have probably informed you they will be using the force to conquer Trick or Treat this year. Check out these DIY Star Wars Costumes (to save the galaxy and your budget).
Jedi (Obi-Wan, Luke)
- Hooded brown robe (thrift store is great for this)
- Tan felt
- Brown scarf or scrap of fabric or wide belt
- Tan cargo pants and cream colored shirt
- Pool noodle, black tape, colored electrical tape (or store bought Lightsaber)
– Wear cargo pants and cream shirt. Drape tan felt over neck and then tie the brown fabric/belt over top.
– Top off with robe (if you can only find a white/light robe, use fabric dye to turn brown). I actually made mine, but it was definitely not an beginner task (instructions I used here). I would recommend just looking for the robe. 😉
– If you don’t have a toy lightsaber, you can make a lightsaber with a pool noodle. Choose blue or green noodle (not red, that’s Darth Vader!). Then wrap the bottom with black tape and add squares of colored tape on the black for the buttons.
- White dress
- White turtleneck
- Wide white belt with silver embellishment
- Brown yarn, brown elastic headband, hot glue
- Silver or white shoes (white boots even better)
– Embellish a wide white belt with silver “bling”. I used a wide piece of white scrap fabric and wooden craft pieces painted silver and hot glued onto fabric.
– For hair “buns”, create an inch-wide braid of yarn. Hold one end in the center and coil the rest around in a circle (braid lying flat). Use straight pins to hold while you hot glue the coil in place. Then hot glue the two flat braid buns on either side of the headband.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU! 😉