One of my very first DIY Halloween costumes was this adorable Bumble Bee one for my first born. It obviously looks super cute on a toddler, but could really work for any age.
DIY Bee Costume
- Black sweatshirt and sweatpants
- Black headband, 2 pipe cleaners and styrofoam balls painted black
- Wire hanger, black panty hose or tights, elastic or ribbon
- Yellow tape
– Make stripes on the sweatshirt with the yellow tape.
– Wrap one end of the pipe cleaners around the center of the head band. On the other end, stick the styrofoam balls into the end for the antenna.
– Clip off the hook part of the hanger with wire cutters and then straighten out the wire. Create a figure 8 shape with the wire, and then wrap the black panty hose around the outside (a foot on each wing). Attach the elastic or ribbon to the center of the “8″ to use to tie the wings onto your child’s shoulders.
Leave a Reply