Did you know according to the U.S. Census Bureau, one in five children in America cannot count on getting enough to eat each day? To do their part, Bruegger’s Bagels will kick off a month-long campaign on September 4 to support Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign, joining thousands of restaurants in a fight to end childhood hunger by 2015.
Here are a few way you can get involved:
- Simply “Like” Bruegger’s and the bagel leader will donate $1 to Dine Out for No Kid Hungry.
- In Store, you can purchase coupon books for $3, with 100% of the proceeds going to No Kid Hungry. Each $3 purchase helps provide a child with up to 30 nutritious meals. These coupon books are worth more than $20 in approximate value, including free bagels, soups or sandwiches (some with purchase). That’s a win-win!
Check out this fun little contest too. It’s called “Tweet for Meals.” Here’s how it works:
- Follow @brueggers on Twitter.
- When you purchase the $3 coupon book at Bruegger’s with 100% of the proceeds going to Dine Out for No Kid Hungry, tweet this–>
@aMissiontoSave @brueggers I just helped feed 30 children by buying a coupon book #nokidhungy
- Now here’s the fun part. The blogger with the most Tweets will win $100 in Bruegger’s Gift Cards and Bruegger’s will also select random tweets from readers to win $10 in Gift Cards. (I promise to turn my win into a win for you too! 😉 Sounds like a giveaway opp to me!)
And remember the easiest thing to do is to “Like” Bruegger’s Facebook and help provide up to 10 kids with a healthy meal.
Patty A says
We don’t have one around here. 🙁
Ashley S says
We don’t have a Brueggers where I live… but that’s great that they are helping out!!
Lauren Ivy Chiong says
What a great idea and a very important cause. Good for you for getting on board and doing something to give back and make a difference. Keep up the great work!
Looks like you can buy gift cards online but not the coupon books. Might be worth asking on their Facebook page. Great idea with the giveaways!
Rena (An Ordinary Housewife) says
I don’t think we have a Bruegger’s around here. 🙁 Wonder if you can buy them online? I could always use them for a giveaway. 🙂 I did like the page though.
I agree, stats are staggering. And I love how companies encourage the giving with these great promotions!
Melissa S.O.S. Mom says
Those stats are horrifying… It’s sad to know that so many children don’t eat like they should. This is a great post you wrote… great job, and great cause! 🙂