School will be starting again soon and I wanted to make a special something for the first day. This Brown Sugar Scones Recipe is perfect! And be sure to make the Maple Cinnamon Butter too. It takes these scones over the top. Warning these could become addicting. And don’t worry, the words “scones recipe” can be intimidating. But these are not only delish but easy-peasy too!
(Did you make this scones recipe? Come back and give it a rating! Tap the stars to rate or give a rating the comments section below. THANKS!)
- Scone Ingredients
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon of milk
- Butter ingredients
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sea salt, baking powder, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Stir to combine.
- Use a fork or pastry blender to cut in butter. The mixture will resemble crumbly lumps. (see my hack for cutting in butter)
- Add vanilla and milk and stir gently just until combined.
- Move dough from bowl to baking sheet and form a rounded loaf.
- Divide the loaf into 8 wedges with a floured knife. Do not cut all the way through the bottom.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 375 until golden brown.
- While that’s baking, prepare the butter by combining all butter ingredients in a small bowl. I use a hand mixer to whip it into a lighter, airier whipped butter.
- Serve the scones warm with the butter.