Broccoli Slaw Recipe
My wedding reception (back in the day 1997!) was catered by a dear friend of the family. She created a menu that took good old homestyle food and made them feel wedding reception appropriate. One of those recipes is a family fave to this day- Broccoli Slaw (or as the fam calls it “Brocco-Slaw”). This twist on coleslaw is perfect for cookouts and potlucks.
- 1 pkg of broccoli slaw
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 pkg Ramen Noodles chicken flavor
- 2 t. sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup peanuts or almonds
- 1/3 C oil
- 2 T white vinegar
- 2 t sugar
- Ramen Noodles seasoning packet
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the broccoli slaw, onion, sesame seeds and nuts in a bowl.
- Crush ramen noodles and set aside (I crush them inside the package to avoid a mess)
- Mix Slaw dressing ingredients in a container (I use a repurposed jar), shake and chill
- Add crushed Ramen Noodles and dressing to the slaw mix right before serving.
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!