Do you do any Freezer Meal preparation? On those busy nights when you just need to pull something out and not have to worry about dinner- these meals can be a lifesaver! And it doesn’t mean you have to plan a whole day cooking to stock the freezer (although that can be an awesome way to stock up on meals). I simply make a double batch of a recipe, eat one and freeze the other.
One perfect freezer cooking recipe is Basic Italian Meatballs. These can be used for spaghetti, subs and more (for you creative cooks). Here is my go to meatball recipe. It also uses one of my frugal pantry staples, homemade breadcrumbs.
- 1.5 lbs of ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of Italian bread crumbs I make my own homemade breadcrumbs
- 1 T oregano
- 1 T basil
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 T parmesan cheese- optional
- Combine all ingredients on large mixing bowl
- Roll meatballs by hand to desired size
- Bake meatballs at 350 degree for 30 min
- Add to favorite sauce
Freezer Cooking Friendly Option:
- Freeze uncooked meatballs in freezer tight containers