Marvel fans will not be disappointed with the next installment of the Avengers franchise. Avengers: Age of Ultron assembles all your favorite heroes to once again save mankind- even if they are a little dysfunctional during the process. And like the other Avengers movies- this one brings humor, action and amazing movie magic. We saw the film in an IMAX 3D theatre and it seriously felt like we were right there in the action, which of course started from the very first breath of the movie!
Our 11 yr old was really jealous when we told him it would be just mom and dad prescreening this one. Not only did it give us a much needed date night (come on ladies you have got to give the superhero movies a try. They rock!) but it also gave us a chance to evaluate this film for our son. I have mentioned before that we are quite conservative with what we allow our kiddos to watch (there is plenty of time for them to grow up). I would say this is quite appropriately rated at PG-13. So sorry Andrew… you will have to wait a few years to see this one. Within the first few minutes of the movie- Captain America warns his team of their “Language” and while the battle scenes are not bloody- they are very intense.
I am only going to give one “spoiler”. Somehow I missed that James Spader would be “playing” Ultron. Yes- The Blacklist’s Red makes the perfect AI robot villain (who knew!?!)
And like all great Marvel movies you have to have the:
- Flat out funny scene- watch for who tries to pick up Thor’s hammer (and his reaction to one in particular)
- Stan Lee Cameo- He’s a THE comic book legend and I love to watch for his 2 min
- Cliff hangers- there are at least 3 (or more) story lines left dangling for future movies (yay!)
- Disney tie in- Listen for the song Ultron sings for the classic puppet reference.
This is definitely a see-it-in-the-theatre movie and the perfect way to start off the summer blockbuster season.
- You can get up to 200 Disney Movie Rewards points! A total of up to four ticket stubs per Disney Movie Rewards Member account for 50 points each. This offer is usually on select titles.
- You can also often find Ibotta rebates on Disney movies.
Why do I post about Disney, Marvel and DreamWorks Movies? Because they are fun! I receive all kinds of great info to share with you about on the newest films. In return, I often get to see a prescreen of these movies. Then I can tell you if you should spend your money on a ticket… or wait for DVD!