DIY Christmas Gifts
With the holiday season quickly approaching it’s time for gift giving. And that means for teachers, neighbors, and gift swaps too. The list of how many of these gifts you need to give can start to grow long. So here is a fab, festive and frugal idea. I first saw this DIY Christmas gift in an issue of All You and just had to try it myself. I bought my supplies at Big Lots and spent $24 for the items listed below. Plus I had a $5 off $15 purchase coupon. That brings this sweet little gift down to $4.75 ea! 🙂 Here is what you need:
- Wine goblet (I bought a box of 4, but you could repurpose old ones)- $8
- “Trinkets” or Ornaments- $4
- Roll of wired ribbon- $3
- Self adhesive felt surface protectors- $5
- Cotton Balls (optional, already had)
- White votive candle- $4
1. First turn the goblet upside down and trace around the lip onto the felt paper. Cut it out.
2. Now decide what item(s) you want inside your “dome”
4. Place ornaments on the sticky side and then place the goblet over the items. Self adhesive will stick to rim of glass closing up the “dome” effect
5.Tie ribbon on stem of goblet
6.Finish with candle
You could even have your child include a picture or note to place inside for a precious teachers gift. Beyond giving, these would also make great decorations for your own home. Maybe even consider using several different shape, design glasses for added interest.
What do you think of this DIY project? Will you try it? Pin it for later!