My dad grew up on a Dairy Farm in Ohio. I mean a real live up at 4 am milking the cows farm. Even though he moved to the city and raised his family here- he taught us about our farm heritage through his work ethic. And to bring the farm to our suburb, we always planted a big garden each summer. Zucchini’s were often in the harvest which brings back fond memories of my mom’s zucchini bread! Mmmm warm and buttered- nothing like it.
So when I planted my first garden and harvested these amazing home grown zucchini– I asked for her recipe right away (turns out it was given to her from a neighbor, love the hand written recipe card she shared with me). So here it is for you too! Tried and True- make it as is or check out these changes:
Tweaks to the Classic Zucchini Muffin Recipe
- I actually cut down the sugar (much to hubs dismay). I only used 1 1/3 cup and it was still sweet!
- These make great muffins too! Recipe makes 2 doz (to 2.5 doz) muffins, bake for just 20 min
- Add-ins! In one of the batches I made I added in 1 cup of chocolate chips. Of course- delish!
Freezer Friendly Recipe
- These are perfect for freezer cooking too! Make a double batch and freeze some, thaw the night before for easy school morning breakfast.
- Also perfect for making mid-winter with the zucchini you froze from your harvest! Check out my tips for freezing produce.
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!