At the End of the Rainbow Candy Jar
I have seen several versions of these Rainbow Candy Jars on the web, so I had to make one of my own. This obviously would be great for St. Patrick’s Day, but they would also be a fun “add on” for a kiddo’s birthday gift or even a teacher appreciation gift.
Of course all those jars I have waiting to be repurposed was another inspiration. I used a jelly jar for mine. Just be sure it is really clean – you don’t want a pickle smell in with your candy! 😉
- 1 Bag of Skittles
- 1 Jar (repurposed) or canning jar
- Handful of Rolos or Reese’s cups
- Printable Tag
Rainbow Candy Jar Instructions:
- First divide the entire bag of Skittles by color (this is a great kid project)
- Now layer the candy starting with Rolos, then Skittles (I stuck to ROYGBIV 😉 )
- Top it off with the Tag attached with a bit of ribbon
As I was typing up this post I realized it would have been cute to add marshmallows as the lop layer – the clouds! 🙂
I had to post this pic too. It wasn’t the best view of the finished product, but look at that sun shining in. Made me smile!