I don’t know about your family- but Holidays always involve food for us! There is just something wonderful about sharing a meal with your family (and friends) to really celebrate the joy of the Holiday. This Holiday Brunch Casserole Recipe has become a tradition in our home on Christmas morning. But it is such a classic, it could really be used for any Holiday or Celebration. (Or even for a comfort food, weekday night meal!)
Here are a few tips for this one too. This is a perfect recipe to use the bread that is getting a little stale or even that manager’s special find. Also, you can make this ahead the night before. Just cover with saran (or I love these reusable food covers), refrigerate and then pop it in the oven the next morning!
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 lb sausage (and/or bacon)
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs (beaten)
- 2 C milk
- 1 t dry mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Tear bread into pieces and layer on bottom of 9X13 pan (I use a stoneware baker)
- Layer sausage and then cheese on top of bread
- Mix together the eggs, milk and seasoning
- Then pour over bread/sauce/cheese layers
- Bake for 30-40 min
See more great Recipes on Mission to Save!
Come Pin with me too!