I love coming up with fun Christmas and End of the Year teacher gift ideas. Often, that means there is a “punny” gift tag involved- some kind of witty play on words (like my “Moo”tivating Gift Tags here). Last year I came up with another fun one, using a family fave: Graeter’s Ice Cream!
I am so blessed to live in a town where there are Graeter’s “scoop shops”. If you have never tried Graeter’s Ice Cream- you are missing out. This Cincinnati based, family business has been making amazing ice-cream (with their famous chocolate chunks) pastries and candies for decades. Hey, they’ve even been mentioned by celebrities- it’s really that good. So getting a Graeter’s gift card is an awesome gift, for sure!
And even better in this cute format. I thought it would be fun to make it look like the gift card was in a bowl of ice cream. Here are the supplies you will need to make you own Graeter’s Gift Sundae
- ice cream bowl (or old fashioned parfait dish)
- brown crinkle gift packing material
- small piece of white tissue paper
- red pom-pom
- gift tag
- clear gift basket cellophane
- Graeter’s Gift Card
- I loaded the bowl up with the crinkle material to look like the ice cream.
- Then cut a piece of white tissue paper to look like whipped cream
- Slip the Graeter’s Gift Card in the front.
- Use the clear gift wrap to make the project look finished and professional.
Maybe you don’t live in a town with a Graeter’s scoop shop. Not to worry, you can order online and have it shipped (via dry ice packaging). This would be a really nice idea for a teacher who used to live in Cincinnati or Columbus- I little taste of home.
AND! I just found out that Graeter’s is offering a Holiday Gift Card Bonus offer too! Buy $30 in gift cards and get a $5 bonus certificate. Yeah!
Print the free gift tags here.
Graeter’s sponsored this post by providing gift cards to use in this project. I always love woking with local companies- especially a delicious one!