This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content. Disclosure Policy
I recently participated in a Twitter Party about a certain affiliate program. I was shocked by how many bloggers at the “party” were not monetizing their blogs- AT ALL! If you have a blog (and one or more social media accounts attached to it) then you have a voice! I know most of us started blogs because we have a passion for our niche. Sure you want to provide meaningful content for your readers. But you can also provide a forum for retailers and companies to reach your readers too. Use your online influence to everyone’s benefit!
Of course, this doesn’t mean you should post everything! You still have to “make it work” with the content YOU write about. If you do crafts, link to sites selling the items in your DIY projects (Craftsy or Amazon would be perfect). That makes sense! If you post about homeschooling or parenting, then go ahead and link to the ABCMouse. It could be that you are already linking to some of these sites anyway! Might as well make a little money too.
Here are some Affiliate Networks (pay per click, action, purchase) and Sponsored Post Networks that I have used. Please note, some of the links below contain my referral link (which may or may not earn me a bonus):
Share a Sale– By far my favorite Affiliate Network. They have some really great online retailers to promote. AND many times these partners offer a $5 or $10 bonus just for posting at all (on top of any commission you would earn. Sign up here first (easiest to do it this way and then come back to the links below to add each partner) then check out some of the partners below.
- Gymboree/Crazy 8 (bonus opps)
- Cents of Style– LOVE them! Their Fashion Friday deals are awesome! If you interact with them on social media, they will send you free items from time to time.
- Cricut – Also opportunity to join their Influencer program
- Reebok (bonus opps)
- Gazelle (bonus opps)
- Tea Collection (bonus opps)
- Blurb (bonus opps)
- Mabel’s Labels (bonus opps)
- Stella & Dot (bonus opps)
- Cross Country Café (bonus opps)
- Craftsy (bonus opps)- Really great if you post DIY and crafts.
- Little Passports– great for homeschool/parenting/family
Affiliate Networks (Many of these offer the same offers/opps. Sometimes one may have a higher payout)
- SkimLinks (link to just about any retailer, super easy with their toolbar tool)
- Amazon– OF COURSE! Link to just about anything!
- Commission Junction
- Zaycon Fresh Premier Influencers (fresh bulk meat, great for frugal living or recipe related posts)
These are mostly sponsored post and review sites:
- SheSpeaks– sponsored posts and product reviews
- CollectiveBias sponsored posts
- TapInfluence sponsored posts
- Blog Meets Brand sponsored posts
Other Affiliate Programs:
- Ebates– good especially during holiday season
- Savings.com– Savings is a great multi-opportunity network to join. You can use their affiliate platform to post online retail deals or you can apply for their sponsored post opportunities. Are you a “coupon” blogger? Then consider becomeing a Favado expert (I LOVE this program). And right now Savings.com is especially looking for Hispanic bloggers for some of their sponsored post opps.
- Izea– Sponsored Tweets and Social Spark will soon all be moved over to Izea. This is another multi-format network. Get paid for sponsored posts, ads, tweets and even Instagram campaigns.
And the key to monetizing your blog (fancy way of saying making money as a blogger- it is a profession!) is DIVERSIFICATION! What pieces fit in your business plan puzzle? (Be sure to have a Media Kit with these options listed so you can easily share with potential clients).
Here are a few other pieces to complete your puzzle:
- Affiliate Networks
- Sponsored Posts
- Traditional Ad Placement
- Social Media Shout-outs
- Sell Content to Bloggers (I have a blogging content store here)
- Public Speaking